Sitemaps are a pain in the…
I was checking my website with Google’s webmaster tools and found a few broken links. Decided to fix them then generate a new sitemap. Yeah, right. Nothing is ever as easy as it sounds or should be. Anyway, I found that clicking on the xml sitemap for xmap was giving me a blank page. SHIT. So much for easy.
Well, I decided screw it. No more frackin around with extensions I don’t understand. A quick search led me to some forum with the advice to ditch the whole xmap thing and do it manually. The guy recommended a site to check for broken links and then by chance I found an identical looking site that generates xml sitemaps for an unlimited number of pages.
So, easy breezy you just:
1. Check your site for broken links
2. Generate the sitemap
3. Download it
4. FTP it to the root folder of your site
5. Check to see if all well by looking at http://www.yourdomain.com/sitemap.xml
6. Go to Google Webmaster Tools and test/add the sitemap
7. Crack a beer, watch some Football and call it a fuckin day cause you are done!!